Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Rain, Hail or Shine

I think I am going to need to go back on my promise of not using this as a forum to complain about the weather. It's London, so I didn't exactly have high expectations for the weather, but why did the hail have to hammer down just as I was wandering along the Thames, right where there was zero in the way of shelter?

I woke up this morning and decided that I was going to go sightseeing, rain, hail or shine. I didn't realise I would see all three! Despite the weather (and with the help of some directionally challenged behavior on my part) I managed to cover off most of the Monopoly board. To give you an idea of the kind of day it was, this pic of the London Eye was taken about 6.2 seconds before the first hail of the day decided to hammer down.


I powered on in the rain...


And then I got to St James's Park. By this stage I was a little on the lost side (it is hard to juggle an umbrella and a soggy map at the same time). I stood there having a bit of a ponder as to why all these people were standing at the gate of the building I was now in front of... Turns out I had found Buckingham Palace by accident...


When the pirate stripper boots decided to finally succumb to the puddles in Trafalgar Square I decided it was time to give up. So, it was back to the hotel, where I changed into dry clothes and decided to partake in high tea. There was all sorts of yummy things, including a foie gras sandwich, salmon mousse, caviar, macaroons, and even a choc chip scone!


Quite fittingly, tonight, I am off to see this...


Hoping for some sunshine tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment